Monday, 31 December 2012

Whoops

In the last two days I have ordered thirteen books from Amazon ...

and not yet broken into the voucher my dearly beloved gave me for Christmas ...

Good, eh?

4 comments:

  1. What have you ordered? I got a Smith's token from K but I'm not sure what I want to buy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All books from my Wish list, and several at 1p+p&p - sticking with Scottish Crime I've Gordon Ferris, Stuart MacBride, Caro Ramsay, Russel D McLean, Karen Campbell and Denise Mina, plus Barbara Trapido, Cressida Connelly, Ann Enright, David Szalay, mostly because of readinf reviews and/or already liking them and one by Deborah Kay Davies that I saw in an Aldeburgh bookshop and read the first couple of pages of.
      But I'd recommend any of my Top Ten (which my son tells me is actually twelve!).
      Hope your WHS is not as dreary a place as ours is, where they don't even bother to turn on enough lights!
      I'm saving my voucher for all the 'due out in paperback' must-haves.

      Delete
  2. It's an e-voucher so I can load up my reader. I'm thinking Rankin. I've not read the revived Rebus yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither - that's on my PB list. If you haven't tried Denise Mina I'd strongly recommend 'Garnethill', I love her writing - Glaswegian grit, or possibly her Paddy Meehan series, since that's about an investigative journalist, first in the series is 'Field of Blood'

      Delete