Tuesday, 8 March 2011

8/3 Travels in my head - blushing

Tuesday is the day the bin men come - 'binmen' is a northern term:  down south they are invariably 'dustmen' but I do not know where the dividing line is for the name change - and because they usually arrive by 8.30 a.m. for at least the blue recycling boxes - newspapers and wine bottles almost exclusively in ours - most of my neighbours are either in the process of putting their bins out when I do mine or have left them out overnight.
Almost invariably I see my next-door-but-two neighbour (NOT the one who apparently inspects his foul water drain daily - he is next-door-but-one) which is not a problem as he is a perfectly nice man and probably the one I have had most conversations with over the years (I am not very sociable.).   No, the problem is that I have put him in a series of stories, and enabled him thereby to get up to all sorts of shenanigans ... initially with the very fictionalised 'me' I put in the same story.   NOT, not, not wishful thinking, just a bit of farcical fun ... but now I blush every time I see him, and sincerely hope not to get into conversation with him because I know I shall not be able to prevent myself grinning inappropriately.

4 comments:

  1. The thing is.... what has he dreamed up about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have inspired me. I'm sorry about the way my mind works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh dear, I wish I hadn't been drinking my morning cuppa when I read this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're on the same page in the river of stones book - your 'lace tablecloth' stone is near my red potatoes one. I think that's cool. :)

    ReplyDelete